Service Technician - Manassas, VACareers
Shibuya Hoppmann has an immediate opening for an energetic and motivated service technician who’s looking for an opportunity to learn and try new things. This job involves machinery installation and customer support for Shibuya Hoppmann systems. The position will be based out of Manassas, Virginia and will involve significant domestic travel, with the possibility of international travel as well.
We will provide the on-the-job training – you provide the mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn!
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Installation, service and maintenance of packaging machinery on site at our customer’s facilities
- Communication with our customers, sub-contractors and our engineering and assembly staff
- Ability to travel regularly during the week (flexible), and occasional weekends
- Must be flexible, willing to learn and available for overnight travel at short notice.
- Mechanical aptitude required (skill and experience working with machinery preferred)
- Good communication skills
- Troubleshooting and solving technical problems a plus!
- Able to work successfully within a team and independently
- Basic PC skills preferred
- Must have your own tools, though some company tools will be provided
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods, lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with Real ID, or current passport (or the ability to obtain a passport) and authorization to work in the United States
We are currently offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus for Field Service Technician new hires. $1,500 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,500 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
E-mail: hr@ShibuyaHoppmann.com (preferred)
Shibuya Hoppmann Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Manager
7849 Coppermine Drive
Manassas, Virginia 20109