Service Technician - Indianapolis, INCareers
Shibuya Hoppmann has an immediate opening for an energetic and motivated service technician who is looking for an opportunity to learn and try new things. This job primarily involves installation, maintenance and on-going customer support of industrial packaging machinery. The position will be based out of our Indianapolis, IN office, but work will consist of travel to customer locations throughout the country. This position requires significant domestic travel, with the possibility of some international travel on occasion.
On the Job Training will be provided to familiarize you with the position and help you to work independently. You will initially be required to spend time in our Madison Heights, VA manufacturing facility training on our equipment. Further travel to Madison Heights, VA for specific training on systems or machines in production will be required from time to time.
Responsibilities to include:
- Installation, service and maintenance of packaging machinery on site at our customer’s facilities
- Communication with our customers, sub-contractors and our engineering and assembly staff
- Ability to travel regularly during the week (flexible), and occasional weekends
- Must be flexible, willing to learn and available for overnight travel at short notice.
- Mechanical aptitude required (skill and experience working with machinery preferred)
- Good communication skills
- Troubleshooting and solving technical problems a plus!
- Able to work successfully within a team and independently
- Basic PC skills preferred
- Must have your own tools, though some company tools will be provided
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods, lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with Real ID, or current passport (or the ability to obtain a passport) and authorization to work in the United States
We are currently offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus for Field Service Technician new hires. $1,500 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,500 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
Shibuya Hoppmann Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Manager
7849 Coppermine Drive
Manassas, Virginia 20109