IT Assistant - Manassas, VACareers
Are you looking for a new challenge and excited about technology?
Shibuya Hoppmann Corporation has an immediate opening for an IT Assistant for their Manassas VA office. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills as well as an ability and willingness to adapt and adjust in a fast-paced work environment.
- Install, operate, troubleshoot and maintain PCs
- Diagnose and repair failures with computers and/or server hardware
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues and capabilities (network problems).
- Troubleshoot computer hardware components
- Monitor and maintain computer hardware inventory and decommission old equipment
- Monitor and maintain software including upgrades, accounts and make suggestions for new software
- Backing up data for servers and PCs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and qualifications
- Work experience with computers (as a computer technician or computer building hobbyist preferred)
- Hands on experience with computers, servers, memory, graphics cards, hard-drives and storage hardware assembly, installation, testing and integration, etc.
- Highly organized
- Comfortable, willing and able to engage with customers, vendors and colleagues in person, on the phone, via email, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to travel to other company facilities occasionally
Office hours: 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).