Field Service Technician - Madison Heights, VACareers
Shibuya Hoppmann is looking for field service technicians who are motivated to learn and try new things. This job primarily involves installation, maintenance and on-going customer support of industrial packaging machinery. The position will generally be based out of our Madison Heights, VA Manufacturing Facility, but work will be primarily located at customer sites (indoors), and will therefore require significant domestic and some international travel. Your training and support will occur both at customer sites and at our facilities in Virginia.
Duties to include:
- Installation, service, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment at customers’ facilities
- Training of customer personnel
- Communication with customers with support from your in house associates
- Test run and verification work support
- Documentation: Technical documents and work reports/records
- In house assembly, debug and testing of equipment
On the Job Training (OJT) will be provided to familiarize you with the job, and help you to work independently.
- Must have strong mechanical background, adequate electrical knowledge as well as skill and experience troubleshooting machinery
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must deal well with people in all walks of life
- Must be flexible, willing and available for overnight travel on short notice
- Must be willing to work (paid) overtime
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office products
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, current passport (or ability to get one) and authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods, lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
Experience with food/beverage processing machinery, PCL Controls and equipment instrumentation would be advantageous (but not required).
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).