Mechanical Engineer/Designer (Madison Heights)Careers
Shibuya Hoppmann has an immediate opening in our Madison Heights manufacturing facility for an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Mechancial Designer.
Primary tasks include:
- Developing innovative, cost-effective packaging equipment concepts
- Prototyping designs
- Performing and supporting qualification testing
- Providing sustaining engineering peering of standard products
Additionally, there will be other specific tasks to include participating in equipment re-design, development of innovative packaging handling equipment and working with teams to develop solutions to production and field problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Demonstrated packaging design experience
- Proficient in 3D mechanical CAD (Solidworks) software, AUTOCAD and MS Office products
- Knowledge of fabrication methods and material usage for sheet metal, die cast, and machined parts
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering (minimum); 3-5 years mechanical design preferred.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).