California Service Technician (Japanese Speaking)Careers
Shibuya Hoppmann is looking for a bilingual Japanese/English speaking service technician that is motivated to learn and try new things. This job involves installation, maintenance and customer support for Shibuya Filling Systems and other packaging machinery. The position will be based out of your home in or around Sacramento, CA, but work will be primarily located at customer sites (indoors), and will therefore require significant domestic and some international travel. Your training and support will occur both at customer sites and at our facilities in Virginia and Japan.
Please note that for the first 6-12 months expectations for travel may be low, but are likely to increase after that initial period.
Duties to include:
- Facilitate communication between Japanese & English speaking colleagues and customers.
- Installation and hands-on assembly work.
- Service and maintenance of equipment after installation.
- Routine maintenance work.
- Operation support.
- Trouble shooting.
- Communication with customers.
- Communication with sub-contractors.
- Test run and verification work support
- Operator training support.
- Calibration work support.
- Technical documents
- Work reports/records
On the Job Training (OJT) will be provided to familiarize you with the job, and help you to work independently.
- Functionally bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude, as well as skill and experience working with machinery.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, current passport and authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods and lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
Experience with food/beverage processing machinery, PCL Controls and equipment instrumentation preferred (but not required).
Experience working with a Japanese company preferred (but not required).
Understanding of both Japanese and US business culture would be advantageous.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).