Field Service Technician - Indianapolis, INCareers
Shibuya Hoppmann is looking for field service technicians who are motivated to learn and try new things. This job primarily involves installation, maintenance and on-going customer support of industrial packaging machinery. The position will be primarily based out of our Indianapolis, IN facility, but work will primarily consist of traveling to customer locations throughout the country. This position requires significant domestic travel. You will initially travel to our Madison Heights, VA manufacturing facility for training on our equipment. Further travel to Madison Heights, VA for specific training on systems or machines in production will be required from time to time.
Responsibilities to include:
- Service at customer’s facilities to include: installation, troubleshooting and general maintenance/repair of Shibuya Hoppmann equipment
- Training of customer personnel on the Shibuya Hoppmann equipment
- Diagnose problems and devise solutions
- Order parts when needed for repairs
- Complete details Field Service Reports regarding service trips
- Communication with customers with support from in-house associates (in person, on the phone, and video (or remote) meetings)
- Test run and verification work support
- In-house assembly, debug and testing of equipment
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Promotion of spare parts sales during in down time
On the Job Training (OJT) will be provided to familiarize you with the job, and help you to work independently.
- Ability to install, repair, service, test and troubleshoot equipment
- Must have strong mechanical background, adequate electrical knowledge as well as skill and experience troubleshooting machinery
- Must be flexible, willing and available for overnight travel on short notice
- Must be willing to work (paid) overtime
- Must be able to work independently without supervision, as well as part of the team
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with programming and/or PCL Controls advantageous (but not required).
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, current passport (or ability to get one) and authorization to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Must have your own tools, though some company tools will be provided
- Hourly base wage ranges from $23-$30/hour, depending on experience, plus overtime along with a generous benefits package.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).