Service Technician (Northern NY State)Careers
Shibuya Hoppmann is looking for a service technician that is motivated to learn and try new things. This job involves installation, maintenance and customer support for Shibuya Filling Systems and other packaging machinery. The position will be based out of your home in or around Batavia NY, but work will be primarily located at customer sites, and will therefore require significant domestic and some international travel. Your training and support will occur both at customer sites and at our facilities in Virginia and Japan.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Installation and assembly of Shibuya Hoppmann equipment at customer facilities (indoors).
- Service, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment after installation.
- Routine maintenance work.
- Training of and operational support for customer personnel on Shibuya Hoppmann equipment, with support from Shibuya Hoppmann service team members (in person, over the phone, and video meetings).
- Communication with customers and sub-contractors.
- Testing, verification and calibration work/support
- Documentation (Technical documents, Work reports and Records )
On the Job Training (OJT) will be provided to familiarize you with the job, and help you to work independently.
- Must be able to install, service, repair, test and troubleshoot machinery (mechanical background required, electrical background would be beneficial).
- Experience with food/beverage processing machinery, PLC Controls and equipment instrumentation would be advantageous (but not required).
- Must be willing to work (paid) overtime
- Must be flexible, willing and available for overnight travel.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, current passport and authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods, lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).