Virginia Service Technician (Japanese Speaking)Careers
Shibuya Hoppmann is looking for a bilingual Japanese/English speaking service technician that is motivated to learn and try new things. The Field Service Technician position will be based out of our Manassas VA headquarters office, but work will be primarily located at customer sites (indoors), and will require significant domestic and some international travel.
Shibuya Hoppmann manufactures custom assembly and filling systems. The primary function of the position is to assist with installation of these large machine systems, as well as regular customer support, annual overhauls, and emergency maintenance. Our strong preference is for candidates who, in addition to speaking Japanese & English, have experience as a mechanical or electrical technician. However, on the job training and support will be provided to familiarize you with the job, and help you to develop the skills necessary to work independently. Training will occur at our customer sites and at our facilities in Virginia and Japan.
Duties to include:
- Facilitate communication between Japanese & English speaking colleagues and customers.
- Installation and hands-on assembly work.
- Service and maintenance of equipment after installation.
- Routine maintenance work.
- Operation support.
- Trouble shooting.
- Communication with customers.
- Communication with sub-contractors.
- Test run and verification work support.
- Operator training support.
- Calibration work support.
- Technical documents
- Work reports/records
- Functionally bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude, as well as skill and experience working with machinery.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, current passport and authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods and lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted and crawl under/step over equipment easily.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
Experience with food/beverage processing machinery, PCL Controls and equipment instrumentation preferred (but not required).
Relocation assistance may be considered for exceptional candidates.
Full Time Employee Benefits
Full time employee benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, long term & short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
All new hires are subject to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and a pre-employment physical (including drug & alcohol screening).